Official (ISC)²® Training Seminar for the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) provides a comprehensive review of the knowledge required to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with information security policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability. This training course will help students review and refresh their knowledge and identify areas they need to study for the SSCP exam. Content aligns with and comprehensively covers the seven domains of the (ISC)² SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®).
Official courseware is developed by (ISC)² – creator of the SSCP CBK – to ensure your training is relevant and up-to-date. Our instructors are verified security experts who hold the SSCP and have completed intensive training to teach (ISC)² content.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe security and the alignment of asset management to risk management.
- Appraise risk management options and the use of access controls to protect assets.
- Examine the field of cryptography to secure information and communication.
- Build a security posture by securing software, data, and endpoints.
- Apply network and communications security to establish a secure networked environment.
- Evaluate cloud and wireless security.
- Prepare for incident detection and response.
- Implement appropriate measures that contribute to the maturation of risk management.
- Instruction from an (ISC)2 Authorized Instructor
- Official (ISC)2 Student Training Guide
- Interactive flash cards to reinforce learning
- 20 content-specific learning activities and 12 applied scenarios
- 61 content specific activities, including 6 case studies
- 8 end of chapter quizzes with answer explanation to assess comprehension
- 180 question post course assessment with answer explanation highlighting areas for further study
- Network Security Engineer
- Systems/Network Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Security Administrator
- Systems/Network Analyst
- Database Administrator
Introducing Security and Aligning Asset Management to Risk Management
Understanding Risk Management Options and the Use of Access Controls to Protect Assets
- Identify the fundamental concepts of cryptography driving requirements and benefits.
- Recognize symmetric encryption methods.
- Use asymmetric encryption methods.
- Examine Public-Key Infrastructure (PKI) systems and certificates.
- Summarize fundamental key management terms and concepts.
- Recognize how to implement secure protocols.
- Review methods of cryptanalytic attack.
Securing Software, Data, and Endpoints
Network and Communications Security
Cloud and Wireless Security
Incident Detection and Response
Maturing Risk Management